In a few days, BK and I will hit a small milestone in our journey together. 5 years of staying married, of surviving with each other and despite each other. For good, great or bad, we made 5 years worth of memories.
We learnt a lot too.
10 things I learnt in the last 5 years courtesy BK
- Pick your battles. The war goes on forever.
- Bodily functions are just that. They may look yucky, sound funny and definitely smell terrible but they do not define a person. Just what he ate that morning.
- Hide your flaws in his imperfections. Embrace both.
- Conventions and stereotypes have no place in your marriage. Define your own terms. He cooks; she fixes. He does the math; she shops. He takes pictures; she balances the checkbook. It's all good.
- Park your arguments and present an united front to your common frenemy - your sly children.
- After the kids come along and there's been plenty of loud crying - your tears are not going to stand a chance in melting any hearts. Don't bother.
- There is no HIS' and HER'S... whoever get's there first and whoever blinks first is what matters.
- No matter what, the other person's side of the bed is cooler, softer and more comfortable.
- Don't keep tabs on anything. Tabs just show that it's still countable and not countless.
- Let's face it - after a closet full of clothes, she still has nothing to wear and just about every sport in the world is riveting to him.
Find indigoandviolet on Facebook (or just click here) and LIKE for updates!